Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Weekend Madness

How does time go by so fast?! Here I was a week ago, all bitten with the blog bug, and a week has gone by! It might have something to do with the fact that I'm shadowing Braden at school (that will be a post some day, not ready to share that drama yet), working on my real job for NCVPS, and, oh, all the mundane things you have to do on a regular basis, like cook dinner, do laundry, etc. Oh well, here I am, that's the important thing, right?

First things first - I have narrowed down a new title for the blog. Here are the hard to choose from ideas:
  • For the Love of Sprinkles (my only creative idea)
  • When Life Hands You Sprinkles (courtesy of my creative friend, Colleen!)
  • Sprinklelicious (courtesy of my creative friend, Colleen!)
  • Just Add Sprinkles (courtesy of my creative friend, Colleen! See a pattern?)
What do you think? Make sure to place your vote in the comments. I can't be held responsible if I don't choose the one you like the most unless you vote.

Now, on to today's topic - what the heck do you do with your kids on the weekends, especially in the winter and when you don't want to blow your money on some ridiculously priced activity that your kid may or may not enjoy? I feel like the last few weekends we have been zombies, moping around the house, glued to the TV or some video game. This weekend I am determined to break out of this rut!

I've been pinning pins on Pintrest (say that 3 times fast!) like a mad woman, searching for fun and cheap kid activities. Because, I don't know about you, but my brain is fried by the end of the week. You can't expect me to have any real thought process on a Saturday morning. BUT, I'm ahead of the game this week! I've planned some activities for this weekend and pinned them onto my Fun Kid Activities Board on Pintrest (you can follow me if you'd like, hint, hint.) I thought it might be fun to write about this weekly, what my activities are for the upcoming weekend and highlight how the activities from the weekend before went. Obviously, since I am just starting this, I can't delight you with my embarrassing attempts to have fun, yet. But, this time next week, I should be ready to have you rolling on the floor with pictures and anecdotes of our attempts. (Hopefully it won't be all that bad, but what would make you come back next week, perfect projects or terrifying attempts? I like to watch train wrecks sometimes, so why not watch mine?)

Here are my messy and hopefully fun activities that I have planned for this weekend. Looks like I have accidentally planned a scientific exploration day and an outdoor adventure day.
(I've included the link to make sure I give proper credit for the wonderful ideas)

March 1-3 Weekend Activities
  • St. Patrick Day Window Clings
  • Science experiment: Elephant Toothpaste
    • Hopefully I can find some 6% Hydrogen Peroxide like she suggests....
  • Rainbow Density Cylinder
  • Nature Scavenger Hunt 
  • Shoot some hoops at the basketball court. Braden has been showing some interest in playing Bball lately. I'm sure Braden's daddy can have a blast giving him a point or two.
  • Play date - while Braden was attending Brain Balance he made a friend, someone who looks to Braden as a role model. Braden actually pulled this little boy out of his shell a bit, would continually say hi or bye or call his name. At first, the little boy would not respond. But Braden was persistent and eventually the little boy responded. Braden shouts "Finally, he told me bye!" Braden naturally was persistent and supportive to the little boy, encouraging him daily for the last few weeks we were there. The little boy's mom told me that her son finally was excited to come to the center, and she thought it was because of Braden. Hoping to keep that little spark in our new friend, so hopefully we will be able to plan a play date.

Guess that's it for now. Make sure to check in next week for the results of our fabulous weekend! In the meantime, add a comment or two and share what your plans are for the weekend. And don't forget to vote for your favorite title!

Sprinkle-fully yours,
Heather



3 comments:

  1. I like "just add sprinkles" because that's just good advice for life, haha! And I'm excited to read more blog posts! -Your cousin Erin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Erin! I like the reasoning behind your vote, I never thought of it that way! And I hope to be as good as updating my blog like you and your sister!

      Delete
  2. Hola babe! Not putting my hat in the ring for names because that wouldn't be fair =) But I love your suggestion as well! BTW - you are way too ambitious and organized for me! I am so fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants every weekend! Oy vey. You make me feel like such a slacker! Haha! =) Can't wait to hear how it all went though! Muah!

    ReplyDelete