Thursday, February 16, 2012

Inspiration





Almost two years since I have read/logged in/ posted to this blog. I must say that my cousin, Becky Fohner, inspired me to get back to this. She started it with the 31 days of Kayleigh in December and has since continued. What fun to be able to look back, or better yet, to have Kayleigh look back as an adult and have this type of record. One of the things I wish I would have/could have done with my mom. As I get older, my memories seem to slip away much faster. I want Braden to have a piece of his history. Another prompt was to have a record, to see if there repetitions, consistencies of Braden's. We recently hit another hurdle and wonder if it is a seasonal issue. Thank goodness for Facebook which at least showed some record of a possible link.
What a long way we have come! I am so proud of my little boy! Yes, there are days that I still feel as if I'm hitting my head against the wall. But those are fewer and farther between. Braden is now in TK (transitional kindergarten) at a local private Christian school. It is a "regular" school with 14 other bodies in the classroom. Would I have thought we would have been here 2 years ago, probably not. But we have fought hard for Braden, pushed him, tried to find as many things to help him. Now, that doesn't mean we don't have issues, we do, but since I work from home for NCVPS (North Carolina Virtual Public School) it makes it possible for me to go to school and calm or shadow if need be. Right after Christmas we have had some issues, with me shadowing for 2 weeks, prompting my look into the past for identical issues, linking seasonal with behavioral. But overall he has exceeded our expectations!
He has been to a neurologist. No major medical issues, thank goodness! He has been able to help us with medicine for compliance and anxiety. We are working on a psychiatrist next, so that Braden has someone to talk to and have someone else help him with coping/calming techniques. I have also started some swimming lessons, had him join an art club at school and will be starting back to horse therapy today. This is to hopefully help with some of those seasonal issues.
I know this is a quick wrap up of a long and eventful 2 years, but let me end as I always do, I hope to be better about posting on here, as I know the importance of family history.

2 comments:

  1. I feel so special to be mentioned in your blog!! :) Glad I gave you the push you needed to try and keep up with it! It's tough sometimes, and it's one of those things that I always say "i'll do it tomorrow.." but it is nice to be able to look back, and you get such a better picture of what's going on in someone's life than facebook does!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol! Well, you truly did inspire me and I always enjoy reading your blog! Your experiences help me to imagine what life would be life living abroad and it helps me to feel closer to my mom's side of the family...more so than ever!
    Your blog will truly be a gift to Kayleigh when she gets older! And thank you for helping me to remember the importance of family! Now you'll have to get Erin started on this as she starts her family. She can get started writing about her pregnancy! So excited for all of you!

    ReplyDelete