Thursday, April 2, 2009

April is Autism Awareness Month

I never thought I would be here...this happens to other people, not me. But it happended to me or more specifically it happened to Braden. I am trying to understand why my son was chosen to fight this battle and why Bob and I were chosen to be warriors for his fight. And I have yet to find the answer and I know I never will. But if this is my path, then I will try my hardest to help Braden fight this battle. The past few months have been so stressful for everyone and after Braden's diagnosis on February 18th, I feel as if I haven't been fighting hard enough. I've been wading through school requirements, internship projects, and feel as if I haven't focused enough on this battle. Today I dropped Braden off at pre-school and noticed a table highlighting April as Autism Awareness Month and I think it was my slap in the face. I want to fight again and one piece of my fight will be Walk now for Autism. I want to build a team of family and friends, a team that will help Braden to fight but also a team that will surround Bob and myself in love and support. Sometimes it's hard to talk about the diagnosis and everything that needs to be done. But if you will join our team and help us fight, I will try to keep everyone updated through Braden's Dream's blog. Because it is Braden's Dream that he will hear "You have been cured."

1 comment:

  1. I will walk you with and always support you and Braden in this fight! He is a wonderful, amazing little boy and I am so glad you and he are in our lives! I'm proud of you for doing this! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete